Redicover Parliament's Christian heritage
This week saw the publication of a new travel guide to the Houses of Parliament, offering a distinctive emphasis on the historic contribution that Christians and Christianity have made.
In an age when secular forces have sometimes attempted to 'airbrush out' this key aspect of our democratic tradition, this new guide is timely and welcome. Offering a concise general history with a Christian heritage slant, it will prove popular with anyone intending to visit this 'cradle of democracy'.
If you would like to take a tour of Parliament and see some of the items mentioned in the book, why not find out more about this year's National Prayer Breakfast.
- Andy Hawthorne OBE at 2011 National Prayer Breakfast
- Blogs and Websites - Church Movements
- Generous Justice
- Freedom and Order: History, Politics and the English Bible
- SUSA - the video
- Biblical, missional, and possible
- Susa booklet 'A City on a Hill'
- One Nation but Two Cities - Christianity and the Conservative Party
"There is a God-shaped hole in Westminster."