Why should young Christians be involved in politics?
Because it's mission. Because it's discipleship. Because having a heart for justice can mean tackling the causes as well as the symptoms. Because you are called to do it. Because there are inspiring stories out there of it already starting to happen.
These are some of the reasons that CSM Director Andy Flannagan gave to youth leaders assembled at the Youthwork Summit regarding why young Christians need to get more involved in politics.
Watch the video online here now (it only takes 11 minutes);
- Andy Hawthorne OBE at 2011 National Prayer Breakfast
- Blogs and Websites - Church Movements
- Generous Justice
- Freedom and Order: History, Politics and the English Bible
- SUSA - the video
- Biblical, missional, and possible
- Susa booklet 'A City on a Hill'
- One Nation but Two Cities - Christianity and the Conservative Party
"The church must be reminded that it is not the master or the servant of the state, but rather the conscience of the state"