The Big Society in Context
In this provocative new report from Jubilee Centre, Dr Guy Brandon takes a searching look at the 'Big Society' and what it might mean in practise.
He concludes that the initiative touches on some important biblical themes about society and the state. Christians should see it as a positive opportunity, provided that they keep in mind the 'ends' and not just the 'means'. Government for it's part needs to remove some of the barriers to Christian participation thrown up by bureaucracy and political correctness, because the initiative stands little chance of success without the deep community resources that Churches can provide
- Andy Hawthorne OBE at 2011 National Prayer Breakfast
- Blogs and Websites - Church Movements
- Generous Justice
- Freedom and Order: History, Politics and the English Bible
- SUSA - the video
- Biblical, missional, and possible
- Susa booklet 'A City on a Hill'
- One Nation but Two Cities - Christianity and the Conservative Party
"We are a Christian culture, we come from a Christian culture, and not to know the King James Bible is to be, in some small way, barbarian."